Week 14: November 25-29



The Ending of A Fairy Tale
After reflecting and looking back at all the blogs I have previously posted I have definitely learned so much from this course. Not only was this course a huge eye opener to see how much Walt Disney actually changed the fairy tales, but I also learned where they originated from. The course gave us a huge introduction to Wilhelm and Jacob Grimm and rightfully so, their knowledge and work ethic is amazing and to learn about their family’s hardships and challenges was fascinating.
Also, we looked at what a “falcon” is and how every fairy tale has one. This was interesting to see how each fairy tale has one but how all the falcons had a common theme. With looking at the stories as a class we also looked at theorist and how the stories can also be interpreted. This definitely threw everyone for a loop when we first heard some of the theories but as a class, we definitely got the hang of it and understood how the theorist got their theory.  Along, with all the magical and beautiful fairy tales we got to look at some of the “darker” tales like Bluebeard, Flitcher’s Bird, and The Robber Bridegroom. These tales were definitely not my favorite, but I didn’t even know these dark tales even existed so to be introduced to that style of fairy tale was definitely different and exciting. I felt like because of how different and wild these tales are it was something I had to add within this blog.
As, this is the last blog sadly for the class I think the best way to end this exciting journey of this type of FYS is to simply say…… “And they all lived Happily Ever After!”
Thank you Dr. Esa for being an amazing professor and advisor, thank you for all the knowledge I now have about fairy tales and the Grimm brothers! I am truly going to miss this class!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: September 2-6

Week 3: September 9-13