The Creepier Side to Fairy Tales


Week 11: November 11-15

Three fairy tales “Bluebeard” by Charles Perrault  and “Flitcher’s Bird”, “The Robber Bridegroom” by the Grimm brothers while these tales are completely separate the main story line within them are very similar. All three stories tell the tale of a woman about to marry what she thinks is a good man but in reality, all three men is a murderer. The men within the stories plans to lure their brides and then killing her in each a unique and different way. The Robber Bridegroom wants to cook and eat her, Bluebeard kills his bride by cutting her throat, and lastly Fitcher’s Bird wants to chop his bride into pieces. Within all three stories we can see that the men are murderous and are criminals, and how the women within these tales were very innocent and naive. My favorite tale out of the three is Fitcher’s Bird I loved the sibling dynamic within the story, I have a younger sibling and I feel like within a lot of the tales the older sibling saves everyone. So, to have a story that actually had the younger sister saving everyone was really interesting and different. The tale I didn’t like so much was The Robber Bridegroom I felt like out of the 3 this story was the scariest just because the bride had found other women dead, I am not the biggest fan of scary things so this was extremely creepy for me especially  to read from a fairy tale.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: November 25-29

Week 2: September 2-6

Week 3: September 9-13